Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 26, 2011

GVHD Got me

I've been listening to the sound of fluid rattling in my lungs each night as I try to battle this awful graft vs host flare up. I'm frothing. It sounds like I'm drowning in my lungs. Worse, my bowels now have involvement. If I eat, everything will flow out of me in liquid form. I've battled this off for week's now. It must be some of the worst suffering known to humanity. Today, my prednisone has been jumped to 40mg. Generally it'd be mg/kg, which would make it about 65 mg to treat my GVHD. I'm desperately hoping that the dose works. I'm finally starting to lose the moon face, the swollen chaos that has been me since 2009, now I'm back to square one. I was thinking yesterday that the body I have or how it looks isn't so important, as long as its working and healthy. I wish I had the healthy strong body! Hopefully I'll get back to it. And I'm loving how the Rachel zoe project treats the oscars like its literally life or death whether the right dress is on. It's the small things.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: