Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update From Dad

Hi to all Hillary supporters

I have got to say I am again astounded how Hillary has rebounded with the steroids. A month ago she could not walk from the house to the car- About 15' with needing oxygen. What a miracle we have seen. I don't know how many people were praying but her recovery is unbelievable. She has energy again. She has something scheduled every day this week. She is now even taking a pottery class. She is back doing some very creative artist projects. Photography from someones eyes that didn't expect to see how beautiful life is around her. It's a whole new perspective. She is not going to let another day go by with doing something. She has sat around the house in quarantine or without energy for way to long to let any day slip away. I can't believe the difference a month has made. On Dec 22 The doctors wanted to put her in the Hospital to keep her alive!! She was determined to spend Christmas at home. We were all deciding weather to pray for her to go quickly and peacefully so she wouldn't suffer any longer or to ask the lord to make her healthy. I never thought she would recover!! She has made a Miracle recovery. She found the right Doctor at Dana-Farber that has seen lungs with this fibrosis from many transplants. Dartmouth had not seen many.

Hillary's face is puffy from the steroids but that is all you can see. No outward signs of the cancer. 2010 has start off with only positive signs. I can't begin to express my feelings of relief and emotion for what has happened in the last month. We have always had faith but we were severly tested. The power of powerful thinking and lots of prayers, and a Novena or 2 from my mom has put us over the top. We really do appreciate your support and prayers to get us through. It's like the foot print in the sand. We have been carried by all of you.

Thanks
Vic, Nancy, Patrick & Grace, Allen, Pierce, Preston , Heather, Jon, Xander and especially Hillary

No comments: