Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 3, 2009

It's Girl Time

I'm dedicating today to catching everyone up from my writings for the weekend.
I want you all to know I am still very much LIVING and I am doing my very best to suck every ounce of fun out of my days.

With that being said. . . . ..

Doing Everything The Hardway
Whew. That was a big sigh of relief. I am now, officially in New York on girl time.

I haven't been on girl time in a long time.

Of course, like everything in my life, getting here we did the hard way.

I95 started to back up to stand still traffic as soon as we hit NY state.

We bailed off 95 in my old stomping ground of nu ro to hit the Hutchinson River Parkway but due to misguidance from the garmin, Steph got the true local tour of my college years.

The garmin sent us from the hutch to the Pelham Parkway (which doesn't make sense) down Fordham Rd.

Steph got to see signs for the zoo, botanical gardens, and the college I wanted to go to so badly, Fordham University.

She also saw one of my favorite local shopping areas. Having Fordham Rd as a favorite shopping spot has been a tender point.

My friends think I am ridiculous, but there are so many culture and trends. The price is right too.

I love it, but I didn't want to pass through it at night on my way to home sweet Harlem when the Hutch should have led me to the Deegan, but that's my life, doing everything the hard way.

I'm happy just basking in the freedom of Colette's apartment right now with Steph and Colette by my side. We have a whole day of my favorite girly things to do: the farmers market, discount designer shopping, diner breakfast, china town and soho, then back for my nap so I can energy charge for the bars (yes, I have taken up drinking again) with colette, steph, maggie, laurette, and daisy.

Yanellie, whose husband Chris is a designer, has been hung up at her house since Macy's decided to change their entire design line and wants a new one by Monday for Fall 2010.

Talk about work stress.

I do need to fit in time for my cousin Nic too, who now lives in the area.

He's like a brother so dragging him into my girlfest is nothing new.

I can't meet Duane, a blogger friend and writer of “Journal of a Prize Fighter.” Even though he lives within blocks, He is at a wedding.

But that doesn't mean we'll never meet. I still have hope.

I may be back in the big city soon. By popular demand, I have requested to see dr. O'connor, refractory hodger extrodinaire, at Columbia Univeristy.

No comments: