Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Always Something. . .

I'm with the big guy

Yesterday I looked in the mirror and noticed the area above my left clavicle (that's geek speak for collarbone) was swelling.
Of course, I kind of freaked out.
In times past, this has shown a re-occurence.
I brought out my feeler fingers and poked around. I didn't find anything. No lumps or bumps.
Big sigh of relief.
I called the hospital anyway, just in case.
The same exact problem happened last year around the same time and turned out to be nothing.
We're going with lymphedema on this one.
The best predictor of present/future behavior is past behavior.
Look closely, it really is me
I remember the swelling from last year, but I didn't remember the outcome.
When I tried to get an appointment then, I was given to some nasty NP that hollered at me and made me cry. Then I started treatment not too long after that.  The diagnosis got lost in the mix.
I'll be scheduled for a PET scan sometime in the next two weeks to check the chemo's progress.
My life certainly isn't boring.
And As promised, some pictures from my 15 minutes of fame at the Swampbats game.

No comments: