Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, August 5, 2010

way late update

Mom made it out of surgery like the superstar patient she is. Dr. Houde, C-town's finest orthopedic surgeon was able to arthroscopically remove both angry bursas. Her right was more severely and diffusely inflamed but the left side had one major "hot spot" causing her severe pain. Though her hot spots are now gone luckily she hasn't lost her hot hips. She gets to keep those. We now know where I get my loopy reactions to narcotics (she"s been zooming around from her oxycodone) and stubborn "I'll just do it myself" attitude. Thanks to Valley Regional Hospital for taking such good care of her. VRH, my old stomping ground, has undergone some beautiful changes. I enjoyed my brief career as an RN there in the ER and ICU covertly studying the differences between inner city and rural hospitals. Sorry it took so long for a status update. Her healing isn't going as quickly as she'd like and it's lookin like she'll need the full two weeks to rest and recover. It has been nice to have the script flipped and be able to help take care of her instead of vice versa.

No comments: