Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 29, 2010


Both my pulmonologist and hematologist gave me the same advice: EXCERISE! I must continue to move and beactive. 
If this is what they're telling me is the best therapy. I'm going to do it. They both told me in very different ways. 
I asked weinhouse about how to improve my lung function through excercise, And he amost jumped out of his chair screaming, "YES, EXCERCISE! No doctor will ever tell you not to excercise!" He also said the "hyperextention" of mega athletes  lungs was just for show (so no cheating). But when you excercise and maintain healthy muscles that, even though the numbers don't "change" the ease of breathing and quality of life improve. 
My hematologist, instead of jumping all over me, excited that I may be interested in exercising inctead pouted when I asked for a wheelchair ordered and demanded to know when and why  would be  using one. 
So i have started stretching. I played soccer outside with x. I tried to run for the first time in years. My legs felt like lead. I don't want my body to be a burden if I can prevent it. I have to keep it movin.'. I'm going to work on routine. I used to excericise with x after school until I got too nervous about my breathing. who wants to have their child see them struggle. But x is all about helping me to get slowly back in shape. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey its Colette. Happy to hear your starting to exercise- you are so strong and i love you!!! TTYL