Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 21, 2011

EI'm sitting in the car, waiting, bc j,x, and c decided two rounds of mini golf were on schedule for tonight. I could barely keep up for one. I did well. I beat par as long as I sat on the bench between shots. Camping has gone mostly well. We had snaffus as per our usual. A family of mice made their home in our camper, chomping through canvas, windows, the bed, and the tarp we bought to keep up dry the last time this happened. The canvas needs to be replaced desperately. Next year we hope to have the funds thanks to a home refinance. Finally pushed to refinancing our home. I think good things will come from it. For this year, we got another gigantic tarp that covers the entire campsite. I now have the garage I've always wanted, and no water is getting in. X need a larger bike for all the biking he planned to do, and getting him a new one allowed C to have one so they could go out together. I love seeing them making friends and wanting to explore farther safely with Nana and Gpa (my mom and grandfather). Apparently everything that comes back easily is not like "riding a bike." Since I can't do it anymore. I can't feel my feet to stay steady and not fall. Things that come easily are like "doing a lay-up" for me. X,C and I spend the first week camping with my nana and my grandparents. We relax going to the beach, catching frogs, they kayak. We don't leave the park much. The second week j comes and we move to our camper. This year my father came up too but nobody else. It's an odd feeling. We usually have a good group of "Wilders.". When j comes we hit up the local goods, like the outlets at Settlers Green. There were some good deals at NikeN adidas, pacsun. The highlight this year: X finally getting into back to school shopping. It was the only time we'd been on vaaca just the 3 of us. C went home for a couple days to recover from an ear infection, and x reminded me of the year he was given $200 to spend on school clothes. Better days, but we could work out some goods for him. First, a new backpack bc last year he didn't want one, then when he did I said we'd go buy one, then I was too sick to take him to buy one. He never got a new bag, and I heard about it all year, even though his LLBean one has a lifetime warranty. That's not the point though. Just typing it makes me sound archaic and uncool. Then we let him loose on some clothes: a green nike jacket, shorts in sizes too big for fall and winter sports, a pair of sandals for now and soccer and a pair of shoes in the next size up. I was ready to get some more, but j reigned in. We did get some resonable deals. When we walked into Nike X ran up and picked a black climacool shirt with white stripes on the shoulders, the exact same shirt I bought for J the first birthday we were together. It was amazing to see our half grown child picking out things we liked together before him. He tried all the outfits on in all sorts of combinations. I had so much fun watching him model. No sure where the sudden vanity came from. I think it's comes from a bad place...... The discovery of girls.

No comments: