Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Healing Hillary Email From Big Daddy Vic


Hi to all
Nancy and Hillary are headed to New York City again today for the 2nd treatment. New York University is the research Facility that has developed this drug and it is not yet approved by the FDA. (From Hill: WRONG: It's approved, Dartmouth is getting educated as we speak. I can get treated there by Nov.) We can only get it at that site for now. Hillary is on a 3 week treatment cycle. Results are supposed to take affect within 3 weeks. Right now we do not know if the new drug is working or not. We are in Never - never land again. Sometime I think I lost my marbles!As long as Captain Hook doesn't appear I will be ok. We had also been told that Hillary would not have any nausea or side affects. Wrong! She has been back to Dartmouth 3 times in the 3 weeks, but no over night stays. She has gotten dehydrated from vomiting. She may have had a small bout of pneumonia. 
She is getting 2 out of 3 days that she function fairly normal. 2 out of 3 ain't bad- Quoted from the song from Meatloaf. If she was a baseball play she would be batting .666! If she was a gambler she would be rich with those stats. Hey we will take what we can get. I don't know when we will see the results but we will continue to enjoy every minute we can. 
I just hope they have a better trip than 3 weeks ago. They had a flat tire on the FDR in Manhattan during rush hour. For a country girl Nancy did well to get out of a very bad situation. We have 2 new tires for this trip! Hopefully Nancy can control Hillary's erge to do too much. Hillary did mention she she wanted to see a Broadway show while in town. Yep that is Hillary. She does not want to be limited. 

She wants to see the world!
We appreciate all the prayers and support we get from our friends and family. It would be very difficult for me to keep a positive outlook without a very strong support group. I can't begin to tell you how important you all are to our whole families well being.

Vic Nancy, Patrick and Grace, Preston, Pierce, Allen and Heather, Jon Xander and especially Hillary

No comments: