Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time to Buy

Here’s a Hillary Hint about one of my favorite topics, how to shop and shop cheap.
Do you ever wonder how some people just ALWAYS get the “right price” at the “right time,” and come out with some good goodies.
We all know these people. I hope you’re thinking I’m one.
Let me let you in on a car buying secret … .
January is the best month to BUY A CAR.
This is the month that people are hiding inside, all ready sick of winter and dreading the long months ahead. NOBODY is considering trekking around a lot in the cold.
If you’re thinking about buying a car, buy in that month. You’ll usually get the cheapest price and the best rates on loans.
DO NOT WAIT until the weather warms up. Everybody else is going out too.
However, now is special, we’re in a recession. January has passed, we’re now well into February, and there is still not a lot of buying going on.
DO A TWOFER FOR YOUR COUNTRY! BUY AND BUY AMERICAN!
Miller Chrysler, Jeep, & Dodge, located just off I-89 exit 8 in Lebanon, is having some serious deals: employee pricing, lifetime power train warranty, shuttling around the upper valley area in the future while your car is being repaired.
See the website http://jeep.millerautogroup.com/
This is where I bought my Jeep Compass a couple years back (which, by the way, I love).
The compass is a small jeep (Hillary size) that has a large amount of storage space for the soccer mom sporting equipment and it also boasts decent gas mileage (I average about 30mpg highway).
It navigates well in cities, and at least when I bought, it was a decent price for the four person active family.
And the four wheel drive can handle even me (I like to say “silly boys, jeeps are for girls,” or sometimes, “Silly boys, trucks are for girls” depending on my mood).
Downside, there are some blind spots that need to be dealt with and the gas tank is twelve gallons, but mine is 2 years old, from the first year it came out.
The location helped (South of Dartmouth Medical and less than five minutes away) and the FREE shuttle around town when your car is in the shop was GREAT for FUTURE inconveniences (If your car dies, you will not be missing work, or in my case, if you have a day of appointments at the cancer center, no need to rearrange the crazy schedule. YAY!).
The$2.99 gas guarantee is still there (if that’s what you’re worried about).
But what I like is the lifetime power train warranty. Yes, I said it. Lifetime.
And even better, it’s AMERICAN!! (I can’t tell if buying an American car is in the stimulus package, but I bet they will).
They’ll be accepting trade ins and will assist with financing if you go NOW THROUGH SUNDAY.
Now is the time, historically, with the incoming of a new president, confidence begins to wane at the beginning of Presidency in the dreaded first “100 days” while he proves his efficacy. After this period, confidence grows and the economy begins to rebound.
I’m starting to feel a little more confident about where our country will be by the end of the term.

No comments: