Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update From Dad


Hi to all
I haven't written in a while. Hillary has her own blog. It is now listed on the American Cancer Society home page as a resource. I found it and it's in the top 20 resources read in the country.!! Before she started her 2nd bone marrow transplant Father Stan, our special priest told her he talked with god and she is meant to a be a leader in fight against cancer. She has to spread the word!

She is an inspiration. She looks at each day as something not to take for granted. Maybe she will need to stay in bed or maybe she can go out and actually visit with people now! She has been almost 9 months now with just minor face to face meeting with people. We go through so much of our lives ignoring the simple pleasures of a good visit with friends. You don't know what you are missing until it's too late. Hillary has opened my eyes. I enjoy meeting new people and now collecting friends.

She is doing quite well. She has some Health issues, DAAA. That was a stupid comment. She does not show that bad side at all. You have never meet anyone with a positive outlook as Hillary. I think looking at how short your life can be makes you grow up fast and look for the best.

I have added her last posting to the blog. Our community has been wonderful. We enjoy so much support it is overwhelming. We can't thank you all enough for helping us get past this dreaded disease and come out stronger, at least emotionally. Hillary is getting better daily. Thats the best fathers day present anyone can ask for.
Vic

No comments: