Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 1, 2010

Save $300 a month for Life (From Vic)

Today is January 30, 2010. it is currently noon and 10 degrees outside. My solar hot water heater on my roof is currently 112 degrees. I have an 80 gal tank in my basement that is full of 110 degree water. ( a hot tub is set at a maximum 104). My Solar Photo Voltaic system is producing about 10-14 kw hours today. It isn't enough to run this house but the new energy star houses that I am selling it is enough.

Both systems qualify for the 30% federal tax credit. In NH the electric system qualifies for a $6000 state rebate. The net cost installed for both systems would be $10,000. Both systems are built to be added onto easily.

I am trying to talk My wife, Nancy into building a much better insulated and electric fixture home than we did 21 years ago. With the new technology of solar, we could reduce our electric, heating, and hot water bills. My current house has a HERS value of around 120, with out the solar. The new houses with solar as I have now is around 20. That means it would cost 1/6th of my current house for the same size house. To put it in easy terms.
I would save over $300/ month in energy costs!! For the rest of my life. More if energy prices go up.

If you are planning a move or building a new house please be energy wise. Houses should last hundreds of years. Spend the money in building a well insulated envelop. Now and in 2110 someone will still be reaping the benefits. The world will be much healthier because of it.

Please give me a call at (603)542-4915 or see my website www.5eaglesdesign.com if you are interested in learning more. A factory tour of Preferred Building Structures will really open you eyes. I will be taking more classes in February so that I can stay on the cutting edge of technology.

No comments: