Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 19, 2010

SPECIAL REQUEST: Storm It Up

I have a hopeful request to make of all of you...
My husband, Jeff, is battling lung cancer.. This is a very difficult time and as his wife my deepest desire is to bring as much joy and love into each day of his life. When I heard of the concept of a card storm I knew instantly that this would be something that Jeff would enjoy and appreciate - something that would fill him with hope at the generosity of others; most of whom he will never even know. Receiving cards, funny and encouraging, inspirational and even personal (if you wish) will surely lift his spirits and bring him endless encouragement and added strength - all of which will be needed as he faces this battle.
For those who have not heard of the concept (just as I had not before) - a card storm is created by many kind hearted people who are willing to go and buy or make a card - or just jot down some short note, or well loved joke - or draw a picture if so inclined - and mail it to someone such as my husband with the knowledge that such an act will make a difference, bring a smile or a laugh, and help ease the difficult moments that each day might bring.
If willing please mail your good wishes to:
Jeff Green
691 Woodbury Road
Springfield, VT 05156
May the Storm Rage...

No comments: