Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summarizing. .


Happy Birthday, Killy!




Long story short, summarizing my party weekend, I did it!
Yes, I stayed up until 2:30 am and woke at 7am. 
It felt just like college, like old times, when I would commute between nh and nyc.
 After our son was born, j opted to stay in nh to work while I remained in college in ny tues-thurs, but sometimes I'd stretch out the week to friday for some thirsty thursday night fun in. And believe it or not, I didn't drink in college, but not for the same reasons I didn't drink last weekend.
We ended up at a Club called "The Liquor Store," which had made for party-planning mix-ups all week ("Ok, then after the Improv, we'll head to The Liquor Store. . . " "Hill, Don't they have a bar there?" etc. etc.)
The main attraction of The Liquor Store is that it caters specifically to bachelorettes, letting the whole party in for free before 11pm and giving out free swag bags.
Don't be fooled by their good marketing, the swag bags got ditched for being cheap. They didn't include the "bachelorette" tank top promised. It did come with a cheesy plastic light up cup and penis straw.
The penis straw promptly ended up in the mouth of the lesbian in our group.
We thought it was more important that she get the experience.
The main attraction, and selling point, was the mechanical bull front and center. I had big plans to incite the group into riding.
One lone member of our group made it on. The line cut-off and the bull shut down right before we made it at only 12:30 am!!
This was clearly a case of "brunetticism" if I've ever seen one, yes, discrimination against brunettes.
The line was cut right before the brunette, mid-length haired friend with glasses.
The bull did get fired up again later in the night for one rowdy, raunchy show though.
I swore it was n employee riding the thing. She did have long, blond hair, a plaid shirt  on and white/ see through daisy dukes. 
If she didn't work there she certainly came prepared, but I guess that's what you get.
Just for kicks, for giggles, I'll load the video of an anonymous member of our party having a go at the bull.
You can finally live vicariously some of the better parts of m life.

No comments: