Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Big Thanks

Hooray, Today is a day to Celebrate!
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of The Affordable Health Care Act!
Some benefits of the new health care law, According to a new report released by Families USA, New Hampshire are:

  • 12,200 Medicare beneficiaries received a prescription drug rebate check in 2010 thanks to the new health law
  • 215,300 Medicare beneficiaries  now have access to free preventative health services
  • 16,100 children with pre-existing conditions in our state are now protected under new consumer protections
  • 19,600 small businesses are now eligible for a premium tax credit
Thank you everybody who worked so hard to see these acts come to fruition. Thanks for making our lives a little easier.

I'm still kicking myself for playing with my page design while uremic. The problem with being as sick as I was is that you are in complete denial you are unwell. Now I have to work towards getting things back in order. 
At least I can post.
I'm headed to DHMC to see Dr. Marc or Anna. We'll review my blood tests and see if we can cap the tube and remove the nephrostomy (pee) bag. The stent in my kidney will stay in for at least another week.

No comments: