Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 13, 2012

Vic's Update

Hi Too all
Yes it's 3:00 am again. It seems to be a theme. This time is different. the Emotions are completely changed. While I am still broken hearted I am very proud. Not so much as for what Hillary has accomplished but for what her friends have done. My girls from the 3rd and 4th Grade basketball team were all there. To see them develop from 8-9 year olds to the most beautiful, intelligent, successful group of women that I have ever met is a magnificent feeling. I could see a part of My self, Heather and Hillary with them.
I can see Xander with a lot of these traits at this age. I can see Jon at the same age as I was then. But what I don't see is the mom's that were so supportive of those girls 20 years ago. I know that Xander will be missing his mom and no one can replace her. I cannot predict the future but if History can repeat itself, Xander will be a strong successful man that can change the world 20 years from now.

Hillary Clinton Coined a phase that said something like: It Takes a community to educate a child. I think that Is 1 statement that rings true. Our Hillary has the most beautiful community of support. I think of the community as a small, close knit, geographical location. Hillary built a community without boundaries, without any prejudice, without color or nationality barriers. She could see inner beauty. 

Hillary was a mirror image twin. When she smiled, it would penetrate and reflect an image back to her. If your heart had love in it she would bring it out. If it didn't she would discard you for people with a positive view. 

Wow way too many random thoughts tonight to get anything to flow. I am just overwhelmed at what has happened this week. Collette told us yesterday that this was her first funeral ever. I think we set the bar pretty high. The lines were unbelievable long the funeral was long but we had so much to say. We know we missed a lot of people that wanted to give their respects. We were just over whelmed with love and support!!

I will share this. That every time I hear " Hear I am Lord" I will break down and cry. No one could do it better than Jandee and Joe at the Funeral. Every time I hear "Halo" I will think of Hillary the angel.

. I still have Hillary's note to me from her "Just in Case" file to read. It will be a while before I can get to that. 
I can't begin to tell you how much we thank you all

God Bless Hillary and all her friends

1 comment:

Noreen said...

This post was not only helpful but very useful too. Thank you for sharing this piece of your expertise with all of us. Cheers!