Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things (Sing to the Tune of the Sound of Music)


Teardrops on shoulders and whispers in kitchens
Smiling social workers and counselors who listen
Pretty wrapped presents tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Hot smart Doctors and rock star nurses
Friends and family who take care of me
These are a few of my favorite things

Comfort and style, my hospital fashion
Massages from my toes to eyelashes
Support and love that give me wings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the pain strikes
When the shots sting
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

No comments: