Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dad's Update

Hi To all

Spring is Here. The family has all got really good jobs and are moving up. Spring Fever has always improved everyones spirits. Leaves are coming out. Flowers are blooming. Life looks like it is starting all over again.

I didn't sleep much last night but couldn't figure out how to write this update either. So I stewed all night instead. The cancer is back. 2 lesions, 1 near the aorta, the other near the kidney. Hillary of coarse says
she expected it. That is why she asked for the CAT scan last week and they did the PET scan this week. They are still very small. You would not know from looking at Hillary that anything has changed. She went to Xanders Baseball practice last night. Still has lots of plans. She keeps telling Nancy and I that we are too protective.

Hillary has set her protocol for treatment. She is in complete control. Dr Gaudier is pretty devastated. I could see it in his face last week, even before the pet scan. The cancer has been easily control;ed with chemo. She is hoping to get off the steroid soon. Right now she can't breathe without them. Then let the graff do it's work. The graff vs host disease is fighting in her body. She is hoping the graff will win. Chemo is her last resort.

Not too up beat here today. Having a little trouble focusing. I went to put my cell phone in my pocket and put my mouse in instead. I'm glad Pat called so I would notice!!

Keep up the prayers.

Vic, Nancy, Patrick & Grace, Allen, Pierce, Preston , Heather, Jon, Xander and especially Hillary

No comments: