Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day Jitters





Outside St.Mary's
X, first day of Pre-K
X started school today (or Weds., I've been busy. (Tear).
X is in third grade. It's bitter sweet. 
My chance of seeing him go to pre-school was almost crushed by respiratory failure from my cancer. Instead, I'm hear for his 1st day of third grade. 
Just surviving to see it is an accomplishment, but how could I not fight like both his and my life depended on it?
I am so lucky and happy seeing him grow, even if he is halfway through elementary school now (another tear), and he's beginning his "I hate school" tantrums all ready.
Why, the fit?  
X reminded me I didn't take him to school early (like yesterday) so he could check out his class and see who he was sitting next to. He likes to be prepared and we've done this every year since kindergarten.
Oops. There goes mother of the year award, again. 
I thought having some of my friends (and his first and second grade teacher) for lunch the day before would be enough, but really, hey were just there to hang out with me :)
X did have some new clothes, which made the transition easier.
 His new shoes, the next size up but changing from Nikes to Adidas, were too big so he was good with his shirt and backpack plus all the journals, pencils, erasers, etc. that we organized the night before.
 This didn't stop him from being nervous.
Fortunately, he did grab a friend right out of the car. I'm not worried about Mr. Social. 
I'm just a proud mom I get to see it! 
And he has his second practice for U-8 travel soccer tonight! 
Yay. I'm getting to see him grow.

No comments: