Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm not the only one with a Birthday


This week, Social Security celebrates its 76th birthday! 
Thank you to all the Leaders who have created and protected this American institution through the generations, rewarding working American's with retirement with stability for decades.
Unfortunately, with this decades' fiscal crisis, many Congressional leaders forced Social Security onto the bargaining table unwilling to discuss raising the budget ceiling unless democratic leaders were willing to sacrifice social security.
 In exchange Republicans would consider taxing the wealthiest americans. 
     There has even been false information spread linking Social Security to the deficit. 
But they are wrong - by law, Social Security cannot add one dime to the deficit. (Want to know what DOES add to the deficit? Corporate loopholes and tax breaks for the uber-wealthy to the tune of billions of dollars!)  
Social Security lifts millions of senior citizens out of poverty every year, and provides critical assistance to disabled individuals and children.
This week, NH Citizen's Health Alliance will deliver oversized birthday cards to Rep. Guinta's and Rep. Bass's offices demanding that they oppose cuts to Social Security.
(You can also let us know when you sign if you would be willing to deliver the card on Thursday to Rep. Bass's Concord or Nashua office or to Rep. Guinta's Manchester or Dover office.)
Please sign the birthday card today and show your support for strengthening this important program.

Thank you for investing in America's future!

No comments: