Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 17, 2011

My "healthy" face

I used to keep a few make-up items on hand each morning: concealer, for those under eye bags, long lasting lipstick or lipstain, to hide how pale and de-oxygenated, my lips really are, and blush or bronzer, to add some color, or health, to my clearly ill face. Of course, I have SPF moisturizer, but I don't count that. That's just safe hygiene. I dropped faking a healthy face when the prednisone blew it up like a puffer fish. I decided that everyone who mattered knew the status of my illness, and it'd be that much easier if they could just read that I had the miserables on my face. These past weeks, I'm happy to report, that I'm back to feeling well enough to fake healthy. My lipstick is back out again, and I'm desperately wanting some under eye concealer. It's just not in the budget right now since, here's the bad news, our home purchase fell through at closing due to the need for subdivision or lot line adjustment. The light at the end of the tunnel got snuffed out on that one. We're back to treading water financially. We signed up at mint.com to watch our cash flow carefully, and I'm now amazed we're not in more debt. That concealer will just have to wait though. On the bright side, I'm feeling well enough that I only care a little.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment: