Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crazy

Something crazy happened this morning, not as soon as I woke up, after my medications kicked in of course, but pretty close to it. I looked in the mirror and saw my dimple!! My dimple is coming back. My face is slowly becoming less cushionoid or round, swollen, and fat from the steroids. I used to have 2 dimples, but they've been mia since Dec. 2009. I can't believe it's been 2 years since my lungs started to fail, since bronchiolitis obliterans nearly killed me. I would have died Dec. 2 years ago had x not prayed to God and Santa that I get healthy. It's a miracle. I accepted steroids to survive and help out the miracle. It's a miracle I am still alive today in many ways. I'm a lucky blessed woman. Even crazier, this am I started feeling good. I had a little hop in my step, a swing in my hips, a gleam in my eye. I haven't had in a while. I took the opportunity to do something crazy: go out to do errands! I snagged J's car to get it's oil changed. I went grocery shopping to stock back up on food. This all felt great bc A. The oil change guys think I'm cute enough to flirt with and B. One great woman/friend/supporter sent us some help so I could pay for it. Thanks CW. It was the first time in too long to remember that I wasn't stressed at the grocery store juggling coupons, the flier, and my list trying to spend next to nothing and eat. I was still juggling everything. I just wasn't stressed I knew I had moolah! Exciting to be fed with less stress, but I've warn my cute self out. Its time for a shower.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: