Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thank you Lorraine for reminding me why I do what I do. I'd forgotten that life isn't really about me. I'd forgotten that the people who need me most are the ones who can least afford it. I'd forgotten that I would day dream in junior high about finding the cure for AIDs and somehow giving away the chemical formula for free so any chemist on any continent could create it cheaply instead of having cures owned and lives held hostage for profits. Back then, I imagined getting it published in newspapers throughout the globe, but knew the internet, in its rudimentary state, was my best hope for information dissemination. Even though I'm not sharing chemical recipes, I think sharing coping mechanisms, new therapies and innovative doctors information accomplishes the same thing. I do believe communication can cure a lot of health care's woes, and I'm still on a mission to connect people to others so we can guide and support each other. I forgot how much better it feels to give than to receive.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: