Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Let the traveling begin!

I've gotten enough energy to read- finally and just in time. Let the traveling begin! I'm at dana farber sitting in the waiting room, which is just a sea of wheelchairs, envisioning exactly what the other patients would do if I decided to play "bumper chairs" on my way through. I don't see a lot of good competition in the group, everybody else surpasses me in age by 50 years. That's it. Its official: I'd definately win at baldie bumper chairs. If you didn't read the comment Miss hottest baldie and new girl on the block, ashley, has started her own site, blissfully bald, now you can view her adventures. As cool as she is though, let's not forget where your loyalties lie. Please continue to show some love my way. Tuesdays appointments officially ousted me from surgical service. Thank goodness! My cxr was "unchanged." When I hear this statement I try not to think "unimproved," but let's be real. That's what it is. My pneumothorax has not yet filled and dissipated, making that area of my lung officially unusable (not participating in air exchange). I saw palliative care. That office is my new favorite place in the world. There sole purpose is to keep me happy, carefree, and pain controlled. When I mentioned something silly like, hey, maybe I should cit down on the 200mg of morphine I take, my np asked "why?". And she was right, why would I mess with a good thing when I'm not "out of the woods" or even out of treatent. That's unnecessary stress on my body. How could I not love them? No judgements or preconceived notions about weakness or how I should be coping, I finally found home. I may see a pulmonlogist at df. Dana farber has tentatively scheduled my dli (donor lymphocyte infusion) for dec. 2, one day before I planned on leaving for a girls wkend in nyc at the Plaza. I think that makes it worth delaying bc either way, I see another dose of chemo in my future. I'll let you know what big A says.

No comments: