Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 6, 2009


On Saturday night, the U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on its health care reform bill. For millions of people across the country, reform will mean that insurance companies will no longer be allowed to deny coverage based on pre-existing medical conditions and will provide affordable options for individuals to purchase quality health coverage.

But powerful special interests are putting significant pressure on members of Congress with television ads and scare campaigns. This week, a group of national organizations began running ads on WMUR attacking health care reform. We need to show our Congressional leaders that no matter how many "scare ads" run, their constituents are standing behind them in support of reform.

Click here to tell your Congressional leader that you stand
behind them in support of health care reform!

Here in NH, the kind of reform being voted on in the House will:

  • Allow 38,400 small businesses to obtain affordable health care coverage and provide tax credits to help reduce health insurance costs for up to 34,600 small businesses;
  • Improve Medicare for 207,000 beneficiaries, including closing the prescription drug donut hole for 15,000 seniors;
  • Provide coverage for 72,000 uninsured residents;
  • Protect up to 1,700 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs; and
  • Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and health care providers by $151 million.1

2 comments:

Hillary St. Pierre said...

Need an example? This is my Letter:
I am writing you today to thank you for remembering me and my family when you vote Saturday for health care reform. I was a 23 year old young mother and registered nurse when I was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2006. My husband, an aerospace engineer, had surgery for Crohn's Dx in 2008 at the age of 28 that uncovered colon cancer. We need the relief of this reform. Alongside our health care scares, we live in fear of losing our home due to bills and not being able to afford the medication that keeps us alive and parenting our child. Thanks for remembering the good this bill will do for us.

Anonymous said...

What do you think about the fact that they are mandating abortion coverage in the Health Care "reform" bill. You also get slapped with a $15,000 fine or 5 years in prison if you don't either have your own private insurance coverage or sign up for the public option. Not my idea of freedom!