Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, November 22, 2010

From Vic

Hi All
Hillary is back at home from the hospital today. She has a new plan to try. She is going back on steroids. She is having Palliative care come to her home to do more home treatments. More IV at home. Different meds.

Hillary has not been able to hold down much so her medicines were not working correctly. She has taken some of the meds that she had back when she had her stem cell transplants. She has not been able to do the chemo at all but the cancer seems to be holding steady. No Growth or reduction. Her biggest difficulty is catching her breathe. The steroids should help this. 

So for now we hope for a relaxing Thanksgiving Week. She is making plans to go shopping on Black Friday! A little retail therapy has always worked in the past!

Thanks for all the prayers and Kind thoughts. This has been a tough week and glad we had all the support. 
Happy Thanksgiving,  Happier shopping for you die hard Bargain Hunters.


Love
Vic, Nancy, Pat & Grace, Heather & Allen, Pierce, Preston, Jon, Xander and especially Hillary

No comments: