Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Snuckered

I came to the hospital hoping to get my nasea unde control.
Once some IV ativan, morphine, and antiobiotics were in my system, I felt like a new woman. . . . .almost.
The ER is not going to let a nuetrpenic cancer patient with a fever walk out the door.
If they do, they're stupid, Find yourself a new hospital but that's never done something so crrazy before.
Speaing of crazy, I'm' snuckered
I can barely write a sentence I was hoping for a discharge today, but my ANC fell, AGAIN, despite a neupogin shot from 120-110.
500 is relatively safe. I could go home and be a hernmit.
Thousand is the alpha number where I get my life back.
We've been tinkering with my meds since I've been so sick.
This wasn't the plan.This wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to take a sabbatical using chemo with very little side effects.
But I'm sure you can believe, knowing who I am, that I am not have LITTLE side effects.
I've had a cough for five weeks that I don't even notice anymore. While X is at sleep, I'm most likely to sleep all day, waking up to an alarm to pick him up.
Dr. G thought this could be adrenaline insufiency (Addison's Disease), and now that I recheck the symptoms according to the MAyo Clinic:
Addison's disease symptoms usually develop slowly, often over several months, and may include:
Muscle weakness and fatigue
Weight loss and decreased appetite
Darkening of your skin (hyperpigmentation)
Low blood pressure, even fainting
Salt craving
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
Muscle or joint pains
Irritability
Depression
That sounds like me! I've upped my prednisone to 5 mg and had blood drawn for a cortisol tests.
IF the test is positive I take 20mg of prednisone again. I think at that dose
I could have the effect without the severe side effects.
I'd love more energy, but everytime I take my adderal/marinol/or cesamet daily I end up sick. I forget I'm ill. I feel geat, and get in the flow,  until I stop taking them. Then side effects someback, sometimes with new ones that I couldn't feel because of the meds masking it.
I'm getting sleepy so I'm signing off now.

No comments: