Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Yes, there is an ap fof that

One Vermont Hospital is only days away from turning to technology to ease the burden of emergency department overcrowding.

Few hospitals have all ready started to get creative with informing possible patient about wait time.

One has a bill board that is updated every five min.

Another has a text messaging system that sends you the wait time. This system has received 10,000 texts in the past months.

Now, please, take a second and imagine the scrambling nurses/ secretaries/ doctors, etc trying to answer those phone calls.

 I used to grumble under my breath that if they "needed to call and ask it wasn't an emergency." Now, thankfully, that time is freed up by technolohy.

Thank goodness. Wish this could be done everywhere.

No comments: