Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 18, 2010

late update

Tuesday-- I'm at the hospital. I made it here while constantly having hot flashes and under the threat of vomiting. I lost my breath annd wet my pants while getting x to school and said fuck it. I did it anyway. Dr. G and I agree this wasn't the control we wanted. Luckily the disease hasn't progressed. I'm going back to 5mg of prednisone hoping it will help. If I have adrenal problems the prednisone goes back up to 20. I don't care as long as I can again get x to school without it exhausting me and bring him home while i have energy. I missed his first practice as a big 2 grader. He has games this year and I can't wait. I enjoy my life, but I miSs me. I miss the smile, the jokes. Too much has been taken and it needs to stop. Hopefully my magic pill will come though soon. Say lots of prayers.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Hillary
there are many prayers coming your way. Always

Anonymous said...

Keep up the fight Hillary. We are all praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hillary, you are doing so much and inspiring so many.

I have to tell you that Extreme Makeover: House Edition has been in Savannah this past week putting in a house for a young family with a disabled child.

I met Ty Pennington while downtown last Saturday night, and I told him about you. He told me you have to go through the process, but I encourage you to keep trying to build "Hillary House." I think it might be a good omen that I had a chance to tell him about you.

You are always in my prayers.
Keep on keepin' on.
Carol