Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you


Thank you Everyone who has prayed for me over the past weekend and throughout my illness. I'm coming around to feeling better
I woke up from my nap yesterday and suddenly rejoined the world. 
I realized I was missing my lovenox, zithromax, and lexapro from my med arsenal.
 I realized I was due for more chemo on tues but I think I'm having "b symptoms" from increasing disease. These are hot flashes, night sweats, low grade fevers and increasing lower back pain. 
A quick call to Anna bought me a CT for mon. before a big school meeting about x. 
We know his ears are working but he struggles with reading, letter formation and spacial reasoning. 
He's also emotional and has trouble coping. Luckily he has a new therapist that is even going to call in. One that he loves and insurance covers. I'll let you know who and where she is if you email me personally.
He meets his speech goals during therapy but doesn't translate the lesson to real life.
He's great at math. He likes it so much he is requesting harder work to increase his self esteem. 
During the summer when he was 6 he would do math for fun, whenever he felt bad, to feel better. 
A quick call to the pharmacy has verified I've still lost my mind since my meds I'm missing were filled 10/28, which feels like ions ago, but is more like a week. 
They could be anywhere. 
I've also woken up to a hike in the retirement age but no riots (ala France) and an extention of tax cuts for the rich (sorry guys) in exchange for cuts in social security and medicare. 
On the sign, an old woman says “When I was your age, I was already working” and a girl replies “When I am your age I’ll still be working.”
Hospitals, you're also waking up to even lower reimbursements. 
Congratulations all you who voted, here is compromise. 
It has now been verified I'm still too sick and too broke to vote republican. 
Last night I also saw George H. Say he spent lots of time during his presidency studying history but some how missed the 101 lesson that war ALWAYS hyperinflates the economy artificially and eventually plunges the economy into a stale mate.
This has happened to every economy since WWI. Didn't we all learn a lesson from Germany? Or could that not happen to us?
Thankfully, with my five or so years left, I'm not worried for me. Just sucks to be you.
I'm going to find my meds. 

No comments: