Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't Repeal my Health Care!

USA TODAY


NH Residents, please take the time to read the following protecting the new health care law and me and sign the petition for the law to remain in place at the link. Our goal is 1000signatures:

http://action.prioritiesnh.org/o/5/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=171


Dear Representative Bass and Representative Guinta,
Last March the historic Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law, providing affordable health care for millions of Americans.  Tomorrow the U.S. House of Representatives will vote to potentially repeal the Affordable Care Act, denying millions of working Americans, business owners, and children access to health care.  

Before you vote, consider the impacts of repealing the Affordable Care Act:
1. Repealing the ACA would deny health coverage all Americans with a preexisting condition, 129 million.1
2. For Americans on Medicare, repealing the ACA would reopen the donut hole in drug coverage and remove free access to preventative care and tests.2
3. Since March, thousands of small businesses have added health coverage for their employees.  Repeal would deny businesses incentives to offer health care to employees.3
4. Young adults 18-26 would be dropped from their parents’ health care.
5. Repealing the ACA would add $230 billion to the federal deficit.2
6. One million private sector jobs have been added since the passage of the ACA.  Repealing the ACA would increase costs for employers and workers slowing or reversing these job gains.
7. Americans don’t want repeal.  A recent Gallup polled showed only 30% of Americans strongly oppose the Affordable Care Act.4 
Vote NO on repealing the Affordable Care Act.
DON’T REPEAL my health care!

No comments: