NH Residents, please take the time to read the following protecting the new health care law and me and sign the petition for the law to remain in place at the link. Our goal is 1000signatures:
Dear Representative Bass and Representative Guinta,
Last March the historic Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law, providing affordable health care for millions of Americans. Tomorrow the U.S. House of Representatives will vote to potentially repeal the Affordable Care Act, denying millions of working Americans, business owners, and children access to health care.
Before you vote, consider the impacts of repealing the Affordable Care Act:
1. Repealing the ACA would deny health coverage all Americans with a preexisting condition, 129 million.1
2. For Americans on Medicare, repealing the ACA would reopen the donut hole in drug coverage and remove free access to preventative care and tests.2
3. Since March, thousands of small businesses have added health coverage for their employees. Repeal would deny businesses incentives to offer health care to employees.3
4. Young adults 18-26 would be dropped from their parents’ health care.
5. Repealing the ACA would add $230 billion to the federal deficit.2
6. One million private sector jobs have been added since the passage of the ACA. Repealing the ACA would increase costs for employers and workers slowing or reversing these job gains.
7. Americans don’t want repeal. A recent Gallup polled showed only 30% of Americans strongly oppose the Affordable Care Act.4
Vote NO on repealing the Affordable Care Act.
DON’T REPEAL my health care!