Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 18, 2011

Changes


I've been paying close attention to healthcare legislation, but I've quieted my fight.

 I can't battle my cancer, my bills, and for political reform.

 I was taking the rulings too personally.

 I've been having anxiety attacks thinking about impending bankruptcies and wondering how anybody could see a person in my position and refuse to help. 

HB89, which directs the Attorney General to join the lawsuit against the Affordable Care Act, passed in the House despite NH's Attorney General testifying regarding the unconstitutionality of HB 89 itself.
HB440, repealing the state high risk insurance pool, also passed in the House Committee

Even the cigarette tax, which has been used to fund the catastrophic illness program in NH and is proven to cut smoking rates, is up for repeal. 

Why?

It breaks my heart. 

So many people are praying for me, praying for my survival, giving me graces to ask and receive what my heart desires, but I find it impossible to pray to be cured. 

It seems to selfish to ask for myself when what I want most is for no one to ever have to suffer the way I have.

Stages of Change
And That's what I'll continue to ask for, especially next Tuesday when there will be far more bills being heard.



 If anybody has a story they would like to share, a testimony they would like to write please contact NH Voices For Health or Working Families' Win.

I will not be able to attend next Tuesday's hearings.

I will be undergoing a PET scan to re-evaluate to status of my disease. 

Yes, my treatment schedule has been changed, again. 

I'm in for some big changes. 


No comments: