Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I conquered Pink Pint Night

I made it to Weds!
What a  huge relief.
I successfully conquered Pink Pint Night with my very first Cancervivor Art's jewelry show.

It was an experience.
It stressed me out and exhausted me, but I did love the chance to socialize, especially with Jen English, who coordinates these with Clarke Distributers and Faith, the Found of Monadnock Woman's Network.
I'm so lucky to be among all these fabulous strong woman.
But it's exhausting.

Why do I do it? Why burn the candle at both ends?

I'm feeling desperate. I'm feeling broke. This is all adding to my stress and anxiety.

Stress and anxiety makes me sick, literally ill.
It's also been proven in mice that those given an option to remedy a helpless situation overcome their cancer more often than a helpless group or even those with no obstacles.

Don't believe me, Just read "The Anti-Cancer," my personal treatment manual.

People probably think I'm crazy for launching into Cancervivor Arts, but I'm trying to find a way to enjoy the time I have. Other countries do not have this problem where they need to pick between their family experience and their health, but we do. I'm doing my best to have it all even though it could kill me. 

Money is like sand slipping through my fingers. Everything I made (which was little) is spent.
My road needed to be sanded since it became an ice skating rink.
My car is in the shop in need of new tires (I couldn't safely forego those anymore), a check of the breaks and wheel well, a new tail light, and windshield wipers.
I have to pay a housekeeper since germs could kill me but the cleaning supplies send me into respiratory distress.
I'm scared and becoming desperate regarding the legislation attempting to repeal the healthcare protection I had.

But I still want to do all the things I've dreamed of with my family.
I want to live out my bucket list, and debt be damned. We'll just do the best we can, but I will not allow the cost of my health care to force me to stop living.

If you'd like to help, You can see my creations and purchase them online. On the right side bar, click on the necklace picture. This will bring you to my necklace section in facebook. Choose to view other albums and I've posted earrings as well. Prices have not  been set but feel free to offer a donation. If you see something you like comment or message me personally (hill.stpierre@gmail.com).

 Jewelry shipping is a standard $2.95 in the lower 48 states. Once we've spoken your donation can be received through the button on Baldies' Blog and I'll mail out your piece.

Thanks so much for looking and supporting me during this time.

I'm off to see Dr. Dana in Boston NOW.

I'll have chemo at DHMC tomorrow.

Then I have scheduled in some relaxing recovery time.

No comments: