Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Monday

Or a Merry Funday if you're Xander.
People who have cancer check my mom's website and checkout my website now.
Do not leave any food out for my dog Nika, especially sausages.

I'm sad because Brittany Murphy died, but death doesn't scare me. Death makes me a little bit nervous. Tell me your feelings too.
I want to say Hi to my friends Colin, Andy, Brandon and Josh. Also, Cassidy, Eli, and Luke.
My friend God, Jesus, Mary, the Holy Spirit. From Xanderbald eagleCheetah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Xander...you haven't met me, but I am a friend of your Mom's who works at the hospital in Claremont. I follow how you are all doing through the Blog. It was a FUNDAY to see that you wrote on this..I love it, and hope you do it more. You wanted to know how people feel about death...well it does make me uncomfortable too sometimes. Everytime someone dies, I learn something new.My father died a few months ago. Sometimes I feel he is an angel with me, and i can feel really close to him. I also feel like I know I will see him again some day in heaven. It feels like we are just in different countries..but if I think of him, or have a question for him, all I do is quietly ask.."Dad, what do you think I should do?"..just like in some kind of way he is there. I usually get an answer, that comes to me like a feeling would come.He helps me make decisions..like what to buy someone for Christmas, and what to do if i have a problem.He is not alone and neither am I. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Please give your Mom a hug for me.Lots of hugs for you, too. Debbie Weatherby

Heather said...

hi xander,

we've never met and i haven't met your mom either, but i read and love her blog. i sort of feel like i know all of you just a little bit.

i'll tell you a secret, when i was a kid i was very scared of dying. really scared. i hoped that when i became a grown up that i wouldn't be scared. but i still was. so much so that i just wouldn't think about it at all.

then i got cancer, it's a type of lymphoma but a little different than your mom has been fighting. when i found out i wasn't too scared. maybe i was just a lot suprised. or maybe God sent His angels to comfort me. but eventually i started to worry and got scared again.

since then i have done a lot of reading and learning about God and Heaven. what i learned is that we are all part of God. i can't picture God because he's not in a body like us. but if you can think of a sparkler from the 4th of july, all those sparks that sprinkle out? well i think that's what it was like when our souls were made-bright little sparks.

since we are part of God, like a relative even, i know that He will never let us go to a place that is not with him. how could He? we belong to Him and are part of Him! and through all of the time i've spent learning i really believe that we will all end up in Heaven near God, and with all of our family and friends. even pets.

not sure if i'm right, but i do feel in my heart that it's got to be atleast a little right. =)

love,
heather

Donna said...

Hillary, death makes me nervous too. And no matter how much people think they can comfort me, I know that you die alone. But I'm not afraid anymore. Once you accept the idea of death, life means everything and I feel sorry for people who don't "get it."
With emphysema, I've been at the no-oxygen-left point many times. I had an operation 7 years ago that took 1/3 of each lung and gave me my life back for awhile. Now I'm back at the point of being afraid of losing control of my bowels and bladder. It happened not long ago right in the middle of Kohl's. "Clean up on aisle 3!"
I'm glad you're sharing your ordeal with us. You inspire me and make me ashamed when I whine -- which I try not to do, but I slip sometimes.
I'm just coming off a course of steroids. It was that or sit on the couch and suck up oxygen. No choice. As it turns out, the steroids staved off the worst effects of the shingles that are now attacking my left leg. See? If I look hard enough, there's always a bright side. Duh! (flat hand slap to forehead)
Do what you have to do to hang onto life. X needs you. We all need you not to give up.
Donna Olmstead (I met your dad at a wedding in Connecticut last spring.)