Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Update from Vic

Hi To all, Merry Christmas and Happy New year
"May love be in your Heart and Peace be in Your Soul" I actually remembered a quote from our Priest, Father George, from last Sundays sermon.


Hillary had a bad day today. She can hardly walk without being out of breathe. She can barely make it from the house to the car. She needs a wheelchair to get around now. Her lungs are getting worse. They put her back on steroids to help her breathe. The steroids we believe made the cancer come back so aggressive last time. Not much choice now. We have been dreading this. We hope to Exactly 3 years to the day that we gave her the last rights. Didn't think she would make it to Christmas that year but she has surprised us. Please read her blog posted below.

Dr Gaudier wanted to admit her yesterday but Hillary was able to get all the tests they would do in house and she has oxygen at home. So it's home for the Holidays.

I didn't get to finish this until almost Christmas eve Day. Again I am very tired but can't get a restful night sleep. Hillary Jon and Xander were over for diner tonight. The steroids are already giving her more energy. I just hope they will repair her lungs and not have the cancer come back. The last 5 months have been very painful for her. She has lost that wide smile. The smile shows pain now. I just hope that the projects and things she hopes to accomplish will help her Spirit. Hillary has always exuded spirit, it is catchy. She can bring it out in complete strangers. Now she has to bring it back to herself.


Vic, Nancy, Patrick & Grace, Allen, Pierce, Preston , Heather, Jon, Xander and especially Hillary

No comments: