Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 16, 2009

Aim High

I laughed hysterically at this sign. A picture is worth a thousand words.

It's how I'm feeling right now. It is okay to do my thing and say how I feel, but I'm also well aware of the repurcussions. Life is easier said than done.

Here is the family weekend update:

XANDER READ HIS FIRST SENTENCE! Technically, he read his first question.

The words were "What are we?"
It is a question from his human body riddle book.

I think this ironic the first words he would read would be from the child equivalent of a medical text book, and not only this, but the words that question the structure of our being.

How cool is he?

I didn't read until 1st grade, and even then, I wasn't reading. Heather had read me the book and I memorized the words.

I couldn't read. I didn't want anybody to know, especially when Heather could read the ENTIRE book by herself all ready.

The book was a disney book about Donald Duck. Now, I'm thankful for my reading delays. It gave me the unique opportunity to cultivate my memory.

I've been thanking God I had to learn like this since nursing school when it became very clear that those memorization techniques were priceless.

I like to have evidence that there is a reason behind every trial.

Right now, I need a reminder that out of chaos comes change (or so goes the well known chaos theory), and that everything happens for a reason.

The best predictor of future experience is past experience. I've been able to look back at every major trial in my life and think, "Oh, that was why this happened," smile, and laugh at the irony.

If you're not laughing at life, you are not getting the joke.

Here is the Good news, I have the opportunity to testify tomorrow morning on the importance of creating an uncompensated care fund to strengthen our healthcare system in NH at the State House in Concord!

I'm taking our case to the capital along with NH Voices for Health, Granite State Progress, and a former collegue, registered nurse, friend, and struggling caretaker Sarah B!

Cheer us on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl,I'm behind you both!!!! WHOO-HOO !!!!!!!!