Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 7, 2009

SPEAK UP!


In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.- ALBERT EINSTEIN

From the American Cancer Society Relay For Life


Dear Claremont Relayers, You have a special opportunity to fight back! State legislators are debating whether to raise tobacco taxes, whether to fund the NH Cancer Plan, and if they should cut the Catastrophic Illness Program that provides critical financial support to hundreds of cancer survivors every year.


Your voice can help convince them and they are coming to your backyard to hear what you have to say.


Lawmakers are coming to Claremont!


Thursday, March 12 at 6 PM


River Valley Community College, One College Drive


Can you come??


They're looking for citizens to speak about their opinion on the budget.


It's really simple, just speak for a minute or two about why you care about cancer and why you want the state to act. And Katherine Klem, the ACS Grassroots Coordinator, will help you prepare!


Claremont is only one of two Relays in the entire state who have this opportunity, so we hope you will consider using your voice to fight back!


Please RSVP, or just get more info, by contacting Katherine at 471-4112 katherine.klem@cancer.org


http://relay.acsevents.org/site/R?i=5Py3Cx1GnVEToEqStANneA..>.

No comments: