Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easy Advocating


God Bless the internet.
What was once an overwhelming, time consuming task can now be spoken with a few key strokes.










Feel free to cut and paste the previous letter from the ACS and post in the "comments" section at
http://www4.egov.nh.gov/governor/goveforms/comments.asp
This will allow you to email Gov. Lynch's staff.
On March 3, Gov. Lynch Urged the Senate Committee to allow young adults to buy into the Healthy Kids Program.
The problem of health care can not be solved by forcing sides. It can be solved by working together and voicing problems, ideas, and possible solutions.
According to Gov. Lynch's site, "We invested in providing affordable health care to children and eliminated the ability of insurance companies to discriminate against sick workers, stabilizing our small business health insurance market."
He is trying to do great things. His wife, Dr. Susan Lynch, a pediatrician, served her residency at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. She has been named a "Champion of Children."
I am confidant neither would accept anything but the best for NH's children, because among NH's children, they have three of their own.

Opinions and suggestions do still need to be heard. Play nice. Send comments to:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/wml.aspx


No comments: