Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update From Dad

Hi to all
Sorry I haven't written in a long while. My favorite computer still won't let me email out. I don't have all the addresses on my work computer.Spring is finally here. Hillary has made it through the winter months without catching anything. Last week was her last medicine she needed for the graft vs host disease. She has stayed germ free for 5.5 months. She was doing great until this week. She was just admitted into Dartmouth today for Pneumonia. Her fever spiked to 103.5. She had gone to Boston twice this week when she started to feel it coming on and put on anti-biotic. I don't know how serious this bout is. I think I have become numb to the symptoms and just don't want to think about a bad outcome.. When she feels good you would never know she was sick at all. She is bubbly and determined and full of life. We have had 3-4 weeks of Hillary feeling much better. Hillary came out of her semi sterile environment to speak on legislation before both the House and Senate her in NH. Let me tell you she is dynamite. She made strong points with solutions to some of the Health Care problems. She has had nurse training and real time hospital training for the last 8 years!! When she set her mind on something nothing gets in her way. Unfortunately even she can get sick of politics. Other than this everything is normal around here. Ok we don't know what normal is for everyone else. Please keep Hillary in your prayers.Vic and Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What proud parents you must be. Hillary is something else. Amazing really.

Jane Owen