Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The All-American Family Road Trip

I'm back from our first family trip since I can remember. I wrote the whole time, but believe it or not, didn't feel the compelling urge to post and update the whole world immediately. I hope everybody survived and nobody underwent withdrawals in my absence. Here is my writing from the car ride to our destination.
Aww, the all american family road trip. It's making a comeback in a big way in recessionista fashion. 
There is no reason for mega-starlette vacations of the 90s, no need to stay a princess castles with makeovers for 6 year olds. 
No, were going back to good old simple american values. That equals family time in a car together, talking, listening to old CDs with the kid DJing from the back seat, and the parents screaming their lungs out and dancing. This means site seeing, actually getting your noses out of those blackberries (guilty), nintendo DSs, and portable dvd players to have actual conversations over math homework, thank you notes, and coloring.
We're bringing back the geography games, I spy and checking how many different license plates we can find. 
It's all good times for the price of gas (if you can afford that and hopefully due to that new great trend of living within your means and driving cars that reasonably meet your needs too (I am loving my jeep compass for travel with all its storage, despite that minor dent incured from the incident in february when I was using it like a toy and had to be dug out of a snow bank. J got frustrated and took it out on the car. And it's American!)
 We're headed to the highway, listening to old skool comedy and seeing nothing but good times ahead.

No comments: