Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 3, 2009

GO DUANE: From My Favorite Prize Fighter

I hope this finds your weekend off to a stellar start.
As some of you know, for several months I'd been working (off and on) on an essay about my photography project that I wanted to submit to The New York Times for publication.

Well, I'm delighted to tell you that my piece was accepted and will be in this Sunday's paper.

It will be in the "New York Observed" column in the City section of the NYT. The online version, which is posted a day earlier, can be viewed now: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/nyregion/thecity/03rive.html?ref=thecity <http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/03/nyregion/thecity/03rive.html?ref=thecity> I hope you enjoy the story. Have a wonderful weekend!

Duane

P.S. They changed the title. I called it "Lady of the River."--Blogger/PhotographerThe Journal of a Prizefighterhttp://www.thejournalofaprizefighter.com/ <http://www.thejournalofaprizefighter.com/>


Go check out Duane and holler at him on his blog.

Look at the miracles we can all do when given the chance to live! Take a second to thank the person who donated those stem cells keeping him alive and snapping pics of my old stomping ground today.

No comments: