Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 18, 2009

I've been hit!

I've been hit! I felt something nasty coming on. When I was happily going about my business yesterday I wondered just how long this period of relative health could go on? It was a bad, bad thought, a thought that planted the seed of doubt. The answer came pretty quickly. Just four hours later the stomach pains started. What a cruel joke. I really thought it was something I ate. I had strayed away from my diet for the day and indulged in craziness like McDonalds, mayo, and seafood chowder. I thought all that fat had been too much for my liver to detoxify, but I was too sick to flush it out. I was busy curling up in a ball in the fetal position and convering myself head to toe with blankets to stop the chills. It's a sick, sick joke how fast I go from health to illness. I decided to sleep it off with the assistance of some ativan that may help the nausea but that didn't stop my body from jolting me out of the bed in the middle of the night. I had hoped evacuating everything in my stomach would make me feel better. It didn't. All it did was potentiate the chills so I realized I was , in fact, sick. When I spiked a temp I knew it was over. I am know heading to boston for a check up. Cross those fingers.

3 comments:

brynn said...

Holy cow! I just saw you! I have everything crossed. I hope you are better soon! I'm thinking of you girl! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.... keep me posted

Anonymous said...

Hill,

Can't believe this!! Just know that I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow ... & sending good thoughts your way.

And let me know if there is anythign I can do.

F