Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vic's Hill Update

Hi to all

Wow I can now see why those athletes can do so much better with steroids. I don't know what it does to the body long term but I am seeing Hillary as strong refreshed and upbeat. She may be taking too much. She has so much ENERGY!!! She is bordering a.d.d. It is great to see.last weekend she was in so much pain. She could even move. Couldn't get out of bed. The pain meds were not working. She went to the E R. and they put her on Morphine to control the pain. By Monday she had contacted her doctors from Dana Farber and they all decided to try prendizon. steroids. Hillary has said for a long time she does not want any steroids because of the long term affects. Well she decided she did not want Chemo, radiation ,morphine etc but she needed them to survive. She is only supposed to be on steroids for a very short time. It is an adrenaline rush. I think Hillary has more energy than Xander right now. She had a visit from some of her NY City friends this weekend. We spent the day together today. We went to look at a property that has been in Nancy's fathers family for 60+ years. The trouble is that he was a teen ager when he last walked on it. They have built a new road and it has kind of been misplaced!! It is on the Monadnock to Sunapee trail somewhere. A friend and surveyor has been researching it all winter. Hillary decided she wanted to walk to see it today! We must have walked 2-3 miles uphills, thru old paths, along stone walls. I was very tired when we were done-- She wanted to go get some materials for her new patio.I hope we can find a happy medium with the medication!! It is a wonderful feeling to see her this good. It was Heathers wedding in July since she has had this much energy. We drove past a blood drawing today and told her we should give blood. She just laughed at me and said that she could not be matched with anyone now. No one wants her type!!I can honestly say that a day like today helps me forget about the last 10 months of pain. Every day brings something different. Today just seems like we are back to normal. We are still taking it 1 day at a time but we hope for a lot more like today. Stop and smell the flowers today.Love Vic , Nancy, Patrick, Grace, Heather Allen and Pierce, Jon, Xander and Hillary
You can see me below on the trek under "One Fierce Woman."

No comments: