Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Big Day

Big Day for the StPierre-Ford Family Yesterday!

As some readers know, I was honored at the Keene Swampbats "Pink Night" last night in hopes of getting Extreme Makeover to build a "Hillary's House" for adult patients at Dartmouth Medical Center.
Big thanks to the fam for coming out and supporting me.

Great Job Aunt Lysa who went through the stands to get signatures.

To make a good day even better, guess who got his Green Builders License?
Yes, that'd be Vic, my father, who has been working in the construction industry his entire life but began specializing as an ecologically friendly builder about 6 years ago.
He is one of only five certified green builders in the state, and the only one residing in our area.
He's all ready an energy star builder, and with my brother, Patrick, getting his Civil & sustainable engineering degree, they're ready to save the planet.
Check out the proof at http://www.nahbgreen.org/WhoIsGreen/findparticipatingbuilder.aspx
If you want to see more of his company, and some of his previous energy star certified homes, check out www.5eaglesdesign.com


Soooooo. . . . . I guess those fabulous people at ABC don't have to worry about finding a builder to oversee this fabulous project they're going to take on to help all the sick people traveling in and out of DHMC.


Mom is recovering. I haven't had the time with the chaos this week to update everybody on her surgery, but it went as well as possible. Both hips were done arthroscopically and those angry bursas have been scrapped off. 
With the pain control the day after surgery she was in less pain than she had been in years, but that's worn off and left her feeling edgy and agitated but unable to move.
 She did manage to make it out last night to watch me throw out the first pitch at the game, a gorgeous slider that put both pitchers to shame and had the catcher shaking his hand in pain. . . . . . just kidding, but I did make it all 90ft over the plate.
Go Me.  

1 comment:

linda keenan said...

hi hillary! i havent forgotten the huff post. im still debating whether it helps your cause. sometimes they dont want people to seem too savvy/connected.
sooooo trying to think of whether i should do it or not.