Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Friday


I'm suffering through learning new technology: new phone, new video cam, New software, new blog layout. 
I don't want to learn this now.
But I am, today. . . . maybe. 
I'll synch our phones. 
X had his first long fieldtrip yesterday to the zoo at Southwick, only about twenty minutes formmy sister's home in Mass.
 He loved it and now wants a bird. 
No way in hell, a bird would be indoor catfood with droppings and feathers all over but in my chemo whoozy side effect busting mind bending drugs, I almost said yes when he asked for the bird as a pet.
 Ugh. 
I caught myself as x started to crawl toward me, arms outstretched leaning in for a hug, kiss, and snugglefest he only reserves for when he gets something he really. Wants. 
"Oh no. Oo no." I say, coming to my senses and launching into the reasons: its dirty. We can't clean it, no time to feed it, the cat would eat it and dad says no too. He can visit at the pet store, then I fall asleep, feeling ok, and hoping I Am recovering.

No comments: