Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 1, 2010


After all the fun and excitement, the summer kick-off, my body is telling me it's time to chill. 
I was worried this would happen. I always worry this will happen when I try to live "normally." 
To prevent getting sick I scheduled rest/naps in daily and made it to sleep at a reasonable hour. 
Still, I'm sick.
 I started to worry when j complained of "allergies" and x developed a hacking cough. 
I tried to cut any illness off by chugging chugging chugging my peach tea. I was thinking I could flush any nasty germs out of my system. 
Silly me. 
My body thinks I'm getting what I deserve. I continued to defy me body all weekend long. 
I knew too much of a good thing would send me to time out on the couch, but I still saw sex and the city with the girls (who can resist Sun. sex?). 
It was well worth the pain today. 
FUNNY. Go see it. 
Then I went to a bbq where I contemplated playing whiffle ball.
 I thought, if j could do it with his achilles, I could do it with my cancer.
 I'm glad I didn't. J hobbled off the field in pain and we went home to lick our wounds by 6:30. Me with a nap and him with motrin and ice.
Still a damn good time. 
Yesterday, I embraced the spirit of a long weekend and did what many American's do in their spare time, I worked around the house.
Yes, real manual labor.
We've had a vision of the perfect patio since we moved here over five years ago, and it's finally coming together.
I painted trellises. I power washed concrete.
At some point, I will have to repower wash the concrete and re-stain it since silly Hill didn't apply the sealant coat last year.
My beautiful concrete stain is all chipped.
Then, after these monumental tasks are accomplished, I'll finally get to reward myself with some patio/relaxation furniture positioned perfectly in the shade.
Today, it's to the Doctors (I did say I was sick) to check my lungs, and hopefully, a lot of rest. 

No comments: