Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something to think about. . .


I'm ok with law enforcement.
 I can be a supporter.
 X wants to be a k9 cop and has since he went semi-missing at 5, but some of the recent arrest mishaps have me rethinking who I'm supporting. 
On Sun. Springfield Vt responders came up on a car stopped on I-91. The driver was asleep and unresponsive. They went to drag the man out of the vehicle and were surprised when the mans foot went off the break and the car resumed driving!! 
Hmmm.... Didn't anybody think of putting that car in park? 
Here is another one from around the way, after a landlord returned home to discover his renters had 10ft pot plants in his trailer he called the cops, who then called the renter to the scene. The renter, seeing he was busted, told the cop he just had to deliver his car to a friend before heading off to jail....... And the cop let him go!!
 I guess it never crossed his mind that maybe the pot growing drug dealing man could lie. He did and who knows where he is now. 
Moving on..... 
J and I have found a new subject to bond over: our forever growing bellies. 
It doesn't matter how healthy our diet is or how little we eat, our bellies just keep getting bigger. 
I guess that's the nature of the beast with an inflammatory bowel disease that causes constant bloating and a tumor growing in your ab. 
We're both pretty uncomfortable. 
We originally had fun growing but now we want relief. 
Thank goodness x is 7. 
I'm loving this age. 
He's old enough to play by himself and explore the property giving mom and dad a break from his energy.
Not that I recommend this, but in a pinch, I'm now able to force him to stay inside the house and snooze.
One eye open of course.
But he knows what I need.

No comments: