Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 21, 2010

From 6/16


I thought I'd scheduled my day to flow perfectly, and it did, perfectly sssllllooooowwwwlllyy. Having my first appt at 11:20 allowed me to drop x off at school, but not until after slathering calamine lotion all over his lower half, a hip, elbow, and wrist. We've been fighting what we thought was poison ivy for a week onlt to find out after it resisted and spread despite using aloe, lotions, swims, and baths that it's poison sumak. X got an appt for the doc too today for some topical steroids. Our hard work at least kept him off the oral stuff, but it didn't control him from threatening the second grade bully with what he thought was contagious poison ivy for stealing his ball. My parents and I left for boston after his 8am drop off and I immediately went back to bed like I usually do on mondays. My weekends are rough. I have a lot of living to squeeze in and more than most last weekend with mom's b-day, pat and grace's graduations, Pierce and Preston's baptisms, and grace's b-day. That's a lot to celebrate. We patiently for weinhouse, my fab pulmonlogist, who runs consistently ten minutes behind. Only at his office did I realize I left behind my pfts which I had done so well requesting, scheduling, attending and collecting the results. UGH! I hate that. Damn chemo brain.

No comments: