Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Bond Story

The Today show is finally featuring a blogger, the heroine of a young family who after few years of marriage, the birth of their daughter, the diagnosis of her husband with rectal cancer, found nine days later that she has stage four metastatic "incurable" breast cancer.

They're a family called "The Bonds" and I know you can see why I'm so intrigued.

There is a family like us out in the world! A family like us starting their own battle!

I'm scared for them in a way I don't think many others can be, because I'm scared knowing what they'll face in the coming years. I've left a comment on their blog hopeful she will respond and we can communicate.

If you find the time, check out their story:
http://familybondingtime.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. Ugh, cancer sucks. I hate it so much.

Hope you are doing better. And getting rid of the nephrostomy tubes.

I haven't been commenting as often as I should. I'm sorry, but know that I am reading and you're in my heart. Lots of love to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts love and prayers go out to any families that are dealing with cancer. I am currently waiting to have a bone marrow biopsy to see what type of luekemia that i may have. All i have been told is that this is the conclusion that my doctors have come too after many many test over the past 2 years. I have completly trust in God that he is going to get me and my family through this area of our life and that He is truly going to be glorified through it. I also know that He will and is going to be there with all the other families that are battling cancer and any other illness. He is our ultimate healer and He will give all his children peace and joy. I just send out my love and want everyone that may be feeling angry lost confused or feel like they are being pusnished by having cancer that i love each and everyone of you even though i may not know you and that you will be in my prayers daily and that when you feel like you cant go on one more day and your at your bottom that to look up because God is reaching down to carry you through any situation in life and that He loves you and will be there every step of the way. I know that God is the only way that me and my family are going to be able to fight my battle and just remember your not alone ever. With much love and prayers.....God bless you all...Heather P