Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Quick Date: Vacation Week


Sunday I jumped on the trampoline with X for the 1st time in years!

I never thought I would be capable of doing that again in my life.

X clapped and cheered from the side. I love those accomplishments just as much as having a law passed or knowing I've made a change in someone else's life for the better.

It's school vacation week again.

It snuck up on me quickly.

I don't know how much time I can dedicate to writing this week. 

X is #1. 

I'm recovering well.

I rested all Sat.

 Sun. I took an am walk!!! I also made it to church after realizing it was Palm Sunday (thanks Dani) and Easter was a week away. 

I didn't rest like I should have.

 I was full of anxiety about what I'd missed doing the week before: basic cleaning, some dishes, laundry, jewelry uploads, filling orders.

Of course, I have help with these things. J is great, but I still have guilt over not fulfilling my role as homemaking, wife, and mom. I love that I'm doing well enough to do mom things.

We have plans that include a nap time for me every afternoon. It's important I take care of myself. I don't want to be sick again. We're going to NYC in two weeks. I've been looking forward to it for months.

 In my flurry Sunday, I added more goods to Cancervivor Arts. 

You can go to the H. Grace necklace picture link on the sidebar, which is through facebook and has some more options. 

You can also view the jewelry by clicking on the H. Grace Tab on the header.  
 
Thank goodness, I had time to do this just in time to realize, we are broke! The account is the lowest ever.

 Buy up and support us please. Every piece comes with a signed card stating it's authenticity. 

Soon, I hope to include Bio cards about the artist and the battle you are supporting with your purchase and a seal stamp of authenticity.

Cancervivor Arts is not only me, but Khamala, whose son, Andy, was diagnosed at 6 years old with Leukemia. I also hope to get Bud's work in. He is the caregiver of his lovely wife Trudy, who suffered from cancer and continues to battle the ill effects of treatment.
New for Spring: Pink geode, crystal and sterling
silver. Measures 26". Wear long or wrap for
multiple styles. Similar retails at Nordstrom's
for $200. Support me for $40 USD!


Our family had a "No spend weekend" which I'm hoping to parlay into a "no spend vacation."

I'm keeping close tabs on the funds. I bartered for my hair cut. I'm clearing out my goods. Our splurge is going to The Competetive Competition Complex in Canaan with friends. Well worth the splurge: $10 for four hours of fun. They have indoor mini-golf, a mechanical bull, batting cages, basketball hoops, rock climbing! Tons of fun. Anything else is pure creativity, time with friends of extreme couponing.

As for my health, I'm still clearly bleeding from my kidneys. It comes off and on.

I'm calling my doc about this today.

My nurse came yesterday and my O2 sat was good so I assume my H&H are stable. Hopefully I don't need a transfusion.

Otherwise, vaca has started ok. I'm scheduling in rest times where x goes away in an attempt stay healthy and praying it works since we want to go to NYC in 2 weeks! 

More on that later.
Pray for me and my family. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

People celebrate their holiday to do rest of their work.... So its nice weekend vacation.....
I think A holiday would be a wonderful if we spend our holiday at beach site or any hill station...
I went last month Goa... now I am planning to going hill station, like shimla, ooty, leh ladakh, shimla.... If anyone planning their holiday visit at www.discoverindiaguide.com