Baldies' Blog began originally in the UK by a 26 year old journalist with a blood cancer on a mission to inform the world about bone marrow donation.

He has since died, and I took on the cause of making cancer care more transparent for everybody.

Cancer is a disease that will touch everybody through diagnosis or affiliation: 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed and 1 in 3 woman will hear those words, "You Have Cancer."

I invite you to read how I feel along my journey and
how I am continuing to live a full life alongside my Hodgkin's lymphoma, with me controlling my cancer, not my cancer controlling me.

I hope that "Baldies' Blog" will prepare you to handle whatever life sends you, but especially if it's the message, "You Have Cancer."

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Relay For Life Meeting

It's Time for The Mighty White Tigers Relay For Life Team to Roar!




Our first official meeting, a family night out at Time Out to meet, eat, play and do good (it's family friendly with arcades for the kids, folks) to discuss fundraising, organize relay day, and delegate tasks is taking place:

Friday May 6th 2011 
5:30 pm
At Time Out Sports Bar and Grille
101 Mulberry St.; Claremont, NH


Our First Tentative Event is a
Summer Kick-off Day 
with a
Backyard Volley Ball Tournament,
 Yard Sale, and Craft Fair
May 21, 2011 starting 9 am
at Patch Park in Charlestown, NH


Families and Children are encouraged to join our team! 
Alexis and Xander are co-chairing with us, and as they say, "The Relay is For Kids!"
What kid does not want to stay up most the night to run around a track to music and sleep in a tent in between?

Summer Kick Off Day is not official yet, but....
  Keep the day clear and start getting your teams together!

Six people with min. of one of each gender
 on the court at a time

Check out the facebook event

No comments: